There are many ways that individuals can help make a change in regards to helping and advocating for vulnerable populations.
You Can Become an Advocate By:
- Voice to public officials that vulnerable populations MUST be provided every available protection to increase their safety.
- Comment publicly on any online publication or social media platform relating to abuse or neglect of vulnerable populations.
- Educate yourself on what the protective agencies are supposed to be doing.
- Report any allegation of abuse or neglect you are aware of (even hearsay) to the proper authorities. (See Our Reporting Abuse/Neglect Page for More Details)
- Inform anyone you know who has a mental, physical or developmental challenge and their families that legal representation is often times the only way to obtain justice.
- If you are a Guardian or Family Member of an intellectually or developmentally challenged person, educate yourself on what to do if you receive notice of an investigation into allegations of abuse or neglect. (Visit this website for a detailed outline of what to do)
- Make people aware of the book Failure to Protect so the public can become aware of the failures that are occurring involving vulnerable populations. Share the Amazon book link or this website on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, or any other social media platform.
- Join or Donate to Advocacy Groups that fight for the rights of people with Disabilities.